Assorted Food Coloring
Red: Glycerin, invert sugar, water, vegetable juice, citric acid.
Yellow: Glycerin, water, polysorbate 80, turmeric.
Green: Water, glycerin, polysorbate 80, trehalose, spirulina extract, turmeric, sodium citrate.
Blue: Glycerin, water, trehalose, spirulina extract, sodium citrate.Our food coloring is free from artificial colors and made by nature. Derived from pure vegetable juice, turmeric and spirulina extract. Shake before use.
- Four 0.3 fl. oz. bottles
- Gluten Free
- FD&C Dye Free
- No Artificial Colors
- Red Food Coloring: For optimal performance in baking preparation add 2 tsps. of cream of tartar to dry mix, then color as desired. Best results seen with recipes that include whole eggs.
- Green Food Coloring: color changes may be noticed if baked at a temperature greater than 350 degrees.
- For Colored Eggs
- Egg Prep: Hard boil eggs with 1 tablespoon vinegar and let eggs cool.
- Coloring: In a cup or bowl, add 1/2 cup water, 1 teaspoon Watkins Food Coloring and 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Dip hard cooked eggs about 15 minutes or longer if a darker shade is desired. Stir every 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to dry.
- Basic Blending: Lightly squeeze sides of bottle adding color drop by drop to obtain desired shade. Color results may vary in baked goods; test in a small amount of battet before using.