Our Company Culture and Mission
To be the most trusted natural products company. As employees we strive to be supportive, rewarding, dynamic, flexible, passionate, and respectful.
For over 150 years, Watkins has been a household name for generations. From our world-famous vanilla extract, to our unique cinnamon and black pepper, The Watkins Company continues to be innovative in a number of categories including Extracts, Spices, Dry Seasoning Mixes, and more!
Be a key ingredient to our success!
A Look into Our Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program? We Have You Covered: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) are just some of the many top tier benefits we have to offer.
- Time Off Away from Work: Balance of life does not mean choosing between work and family. Watkins promotes a healthy work life balance for employees to enjoy time away from work to be with their families. In addition to a generous Paid Time Off program, Watkins also offers 10 paid holidays for both part time and full-time employees!
- 401(K): We understand the importance of planning for your future, that’s why Watkins matches $1 for $1 up to 4% of salary towards employee’s 401(K) plan and provides resources to help in supporting financial wellness.
- Watkins University: Watkins offers a robust learning and development program to help in employees’ personal and professional development. Whether it be on the job training, Watkins University, education reimbursement, or targeted outside training opportunities, we’re here to support you!
- Helping the Community: Not only do we provide companywide volunteer opportunities, but we also provide employees with paid time off to volunteer at charitable organizations of their choosing.
- AND Even More... Ask about it in your interview or give us a call today at 507-457-3300.
Current Job Openings at The Watkins Co.
Interview and Hiring Process
- Apply Online: Review jobs on our careers page, if you believe you may be a good fit for a position apply online. Please make sure to include information in all required fields.
- Phone Screen: After your application has been reviewed and we would like to learn more, you will be invited to complete a phone interview or will jump right to a virtual interview. It is our recruiting teams’ goal to connect with applicants with 2 business days from the date an application is received with potential next steps.
- Interview: First interviews may be conducted either in person or virtually, depending on the position. If applicable, a second interview may be requested to better understand your background and experience with a cross functional team member. Our goal is to give you a real world understanding of the position you are applying for so an in-depth job review and/or facility tour may be offered to you.
- Offer: If our team agrees you’d be a new, key ingredient to our Watkins team, a Human Resources team member will outline for you everything you need to know about the position, our benefits, and the onboarding process to set you up for success!
- Orientation Day: On orientation day, we will spend time reviewing Watkins’s policies and procedures. You will also start on the job training the same day.