Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries
- 1 large raw butternut squash - peeled and chopped into small bite-size pieces.
- 2 cups/500 mL fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup/60 mL feta cheese, crumbled. If you can find Bulgarian Feta – give it a try!
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Organic Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp/1.25 mL Watkins Organic Chili Powder
- A dash of ground salt from Watkins Organic Mediterranean Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 tbsp/30 mL olive oil
Optional topping: 1-2 tbsp/15-30 mL honey
Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch/23x33-cm baking pan. In a small bowl combine cinnamon, black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, sea salt. Add 2 tbsp/30 mL olive oil to seasoning mix and stir until well blended.
In a large bowl, place chopped butternut squash. Drizzle spiced olive oil over squash. Stir until the pieces are evenly coated. Add squash mixture to baking pan. On the center rack, roast butternut squash for 25 minutes uncovered.
Remove baking pan from oven. Add fresh cranberries evenly across the top of butternut squash. Place baking sheet back in oven and roast for 5-10 minutes. Cranberries should be soft but not popped. Remove baking sheet from oven. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top of roasted butternut squash and cranberries. Serve hot.
For a sweeter taste – Drizzle 1-2 tbsp/15-30 mL honey on top before serving.
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes