- 1 cup/250 mL roasted pistachios, finely ground
- 1 1/2 cups/375 mL sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup/180 mL all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup/180 mL cake flour
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 3/4 cup/180 mL (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup/160 mL milk
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL pistachio extract
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla®
Preheat over to 350°F/180°C.
Mix pistachios and 1/2 cup/125 mL sugar together. Set aside. Sift flours, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. Beat butter and 1 cup/250 mL sugar until fluffy; add eggs, one at a time. In small bowl, combine extracts and milk. Alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture together on low speed or by hand. Do not over mix. Fold in pistachio mixture. Pour batter into lined cupcake tin, 2/3 full. Bake 15-18 minutes.
Decorate with Watkins Sprinkles and Sugars.
Makes 24 cupcakes.