Organic Spiced Cupcakes
- 2 cups / 474 ml brown sugar
- 1/2 cup / 118 ml butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups / 295 ml milk
- 2 ¾ cups / 650 ml flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons / 7 ml baking powder
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml baking soda
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml Watkins Organic Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon / 2.5 ml Watkins Organic Ginger
- ½ teaspoon / 2.5 ml Watkins Organic Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml Watkins Organic Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml Watkins Organic Orange Extract
- 4 cups /1 liter powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup /125 mL butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tbsp /45 to 60 mL milk
- 1 tsp / 5 mL Watkins Organic Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and beat in brown sugar.
- Add beaten egg yolks and milk.
- Add Watkins Organic Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla and Watkins Organic Orange Extract
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease cupcake or muffin pan. Fill your cupcake cases 2/3 full – around 3 tablespoons per cupcake
- Bake at 375 F / 190 C for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat until smooth.
- Use Watkins Food Coloring to dye small batches of frosting to the colors of your choice and decorate with Watkins Decorating Sugars and Sprinkles