Giftable Cookie Jar Assembly Instructions:
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl. Place half of the mixture in each of the 1-quart/1 litre jars.
Tip: Use the back of a spoon to pack the flour mixture down around the outside of the jar so that the jar layers look pretty when finished.
- Add half of the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- Add half of the brown sugar to each jar using the same method to pack down the ingredient into the jar.
- Add half of the sugar to each jar using the same method as above.
- Place a lid on top of each jar and screw tightly closed.
- Attach recipe card to finished jar with a ribbon and add additional decorations to make the gift sparkle!
Recipe makes two cookie mix gift jars.
Recipe Card Instructions: 1 Card per Jar
Watkins Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Watkins Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Jar
- 1 1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla™
- 3/4 cup/180 mL butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Combine vanilla, butter, and egg in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with a mixer or by hand until creamy. Reduce speed to low.
- Gradually mix in all of the contents of the Watkins Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Jar until well mixed.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches/5 cm apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Optional: Sprinkle with sea salt while still warm.
Makes approximately 1 1/2 dozen cookies.