Zesty Lemon Cookies
- 2 cups/500 mL all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL baking powder
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 mL salt
- 1 cup/250 mL unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup/180 mL granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp/10 mL Watkins Organic Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 cup/250 mL powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp/15 mL milk
- 1-1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Organic Pure Lemon Extract
Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a mixer, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon extract, mixing until combined. Add flour mixture 1/2 cup/125 mL at a time until combined.
Roll dough into circles. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on rack.
Icing: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and lemon extract until smooth. Add more milk to make thinner. Using a spoon, drizzle icing. Ready to serve when set.
Makes 24 cookies.