White Chicken Chili
- 3 tbsp/45 mL olive oil
- 3 cups/750 mL diced onion (approximately 2 medium/large onions)
- 7 to 8 oz/198 to 227 g canned green chilies
- 32 fl oz (4 cups)/950 mL low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups/950 mL shredded cooked chicken
- 2 15-oz/425 g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Organic Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Organic Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp/15 mL Watkins Organic Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Organic Oregano Leaves
- 1 tsp/5 mL salt, or to taste
Optional Garnishes - fresh cilantro leaves, tortilla strips, chips, diced avocado, shredded cheese, and/or sour cream.
To a large stockpot or Dutch-oven, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat to warm. Add the onion, green chilies, and sauté for about 7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir occasionally. Add the chicken broth, chicken, cannellini beans, lime juice, Watkins Organic Ground Black Pepper, Watkins Organic Chili Powder, Watkins Organic Garlic Powder, Watkins Organic Crushed Red Pepper, Watkins Organic Ground Cumin, Watkins Organic Oregano Leaves, and bring to a boil. Allow mixture to boil gently for about 7 to 10 minutes. For thicker chili, allow mixture to boil longer and reduce until desired thickness is reached. Taste chili and add salt to taste. Serve hot and garnish as desired with tortilla strips, chips, avocado, cheese and/or sour cream; serve immediately.
Chili will keep airtight in the fridge for 5 to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
TOTAL TIME: 30-40 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes