Watkins Apple Chutney
- 3 Quarts sliced peeled tart apples
- 3 lemons, sliced thin and seeded
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 pounds seedless raisins
- 1 pound currants
- 4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 cups vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Watkins Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Watkins Organic Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Watkins Organic Red Pepper
- 2 cups vinegar
Chop apples and lemon slices, add onion, raisins, currants and spices and bring to a boil. Cook and stir occasionally until the apples are tender and the mixture is thick and clear. Pour into small sterilized jars and seal at once.
Yield: 7 or 8 pints of chutney.