Vanilla Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- 5 cups / 1,250 mL rhubarb (About 3 large stalks)
- 2 cups / 500 mL hulled and halved strawberries (About 1 pint)
- 1 3/4 cups / 430 mL organic sugar (If you like sweeter jam, add an additional 1/2 cup / 125 mL sugar
- for a total of 2 1/4 cups / 560 mL sugar)
- 1 tsp / 5 mL Watkins Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla®
torage Containers: Four to five 1 pint / 500 mL size freezer containers or bags. (We used sterilized Mason Jars and Lids.)
Combine all ingredients in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once mixture starts to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low. You will want the heat to be set to a point where it continues to bubble slightly when stirred. Continue to cook until strawberries and rhubarb have broken down and jam has thickened. This will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Fill freezer containers with the jam, leaving a ½-inch / 1.25-cm of space at the top. Seal tightly before storing.
Refrigerator: Jam can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month Freezer: Jam can be stored in freezer container in freezer for up to 6 months.
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Hour