Trail Mix Bars
- 1 cup/250 mL roasted peanuts - unsalted
- 1 cup/250 mL roasted almonds - unsalted
- 1/2 cup/125 mL macadamia nuts- unsalted
- 1/2 cup/125 mL hazelnuts - unsalted
- 1/2 cup/125 mL sunflower seeds - unsalted
- 1/2 cup/125 mL pumpkin seeds - unsalted
- 1/4 cup/60 mL pistachios – unsalted
- 1/4 cup/60 mL Watkins Organic Sesame Seeds
- 3/4 cup/180 mL dried cranberries, blueberries or cherries
- coconut oil – solid or spray
- 1/2 cup/125 mL local honey
- 1/3 cup/80 mL maple syrup
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla®
- 1/4 tsp/1.25 mL Watkins Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Organic Ground Cinnamon
- Optional: 1/4 cup/60 mL unsweetened chocolate chips
Line a 9×13-inch/23x33-cm baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a bit of an overhang on both the long sides. Lightly brush or spray the top of the parchment paper with coconut oil.
Place nuts, seeds and dried fruit into a large mixing bowl. Stir until combined. If you want to add chocolate chips, add them to the mixture now.
In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the honey, maple syrup, Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla®, Watkins Himalayan Pink Salt, Watkins Organic Ground Cinnamon and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until the syrup reaches 260°F/126°C. Immediately pour the hot syrup over the nut mixture and promptly stir until well distributed and evenly coated. Quickly transfer the sticky mixture to the prepared pan and spread evenly throughout the pan with a rubber spatula.
Cut a second sheet of parchment paper large enough to cover the mixture. Brush or spray one side of the sheet of parchment paper with coconut oil. Place oil side of parchment paper on top of mixture. Using a flat bottomed drinking glass, press the mixture firmly to close in all the holes and compact the nuts really well.
Let the bars cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Carefully lift the bars out of the pan by pulling gently on the parchment paper. Cut into 20 bars and store in an airtight container.
Tip: To avoid sticking while storing, place a piece of parchment paper between bars.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes