- 3-3/4 cups/887 mL all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp/10 mL baking powder
- 1/4 tsp/1 mL Watkins Organic Mediterranean Sea Salt, freshly ground
- 1 cup/250 mL unsalted butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups/394 mL sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp/45 mL meringue powder
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Cream of Tartar
- 3-3/4 cups/887 mL confectioners’ sugar
- 4-5 tbsp/60-75 mL of water
In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until well incorporated. Mix in the extract. Add the dry ingredients. Refrigerate the dough until set, about an hour. Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough out and use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until just golden on the bottom.
Icing: Combine all the ingredients for the icing; adding 4-5 tbsp. of water depending on the consistency or thickness of icing desired. Blend together on low speed until all the sugar is blended, then turn it up to medium-high and whip to stiff peaks. For simple decorations: Spread a thin layer of the icing over the cookie. While the icing is still soft, decorate with Watkins Sprinkles and Sugars.
Makes approximately 24 cookies.