Spinach Dip - Stuffed Garlic Rolls
- 1/2 cup/125 mL butter, melted
- 1 tbsp/15 mL Watkins Organic Garlic Powder
- 2/3 cup/160 mL grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 box (9 oz/255g) Green Giant™ Steamers™
- 4 oz/113 g (half of 8 oz/227 g package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp/15 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated crusty French loaf
Heat oven to 350° F/180° C. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with Watkins Cooking Spray. Spoon 1 tsp/5 mL of the melted butter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle 1/8 tsp/0.5 mL of the garlic powder and 1 tsp/5 mL of the Parmesan cheese into each muffin cup.
Microwave frozen spinach as directed on box 3 to 4 minutes to thaw. Drain well; squeeze dry with paper towels. In small bowl, mix spinach, cream cheese, 1 tsp/5 mL of the garlic powder, 1/3 cup/80 mL of the Parmesan cheese and the Worcestershire sauce until blended. Shape mixture into 12 (1-1/2-inch/3.8-cm) balls.
Remove dough from can; cut into 12 equal slices. Press each to form 3-inch/7.5-cm round. Place 1 spinach ball in center of each dough round. Carefully wrap dough around ball; pinch edges to seal completely. Place seam side down in muffin cups. Bake 17 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 2 minutes. Loosen with tip of knife. Remove from pan; place on serving plater. Brush each roll with remaining melted butter; sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Makes 12 appetizers.