Sausage and Blue Cheese Crescent Cups
- 1 box (9 oz/255 g) Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 lb/227 g bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1/3 cup/80 mL finely chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp/1 mL Watkins Organic Thyme
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1-1/4 cups/310 mL crumbled blue cheese (5 oz/141 g)
- 1/2 cup/125 mL red pepper jelly (from 10 oz/285 g jar)
Heat oven to 375° F/190° C. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with Watkins Cooking Spray. Microwave frozen spinach as directed on box 3 to 4 minutes to thaw. Drain well; squeeze dry with paper towels.
In10-inch/25-cm nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add spinach, onion and thyme. Cook about 3 minutes stirring frequently, until onion is translucent.
Unroll dough on work surface. With pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into 24 squares. Press 1 square in bottom and up side of each muffin cup. Spoon 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL blue cheese into each cup; top with 1tbsp/15 mL sausage mixture. Spoon remaining blue cheese over sausage mixture in each cup.
Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Gently remove from pan to serving plate.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir jelly until smooth. Top each cup with 1 tsp/5 mL jelly. Serve warm.
Makes 24 appetizers.