Pumpkin Butter Cupcakes
- 2 1/4 cup/560 mL all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp/15 mL baking powder
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL baking soda
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Pure Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup/125 mL butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups/325 mL sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup/250 mL canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup/180 mL milk
- 3/4 cup/180 mL chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup/60 mL butter
- 6 tbsp/90 mL brown sugar
- 6 tbsp/90 mL half-and-half
- 2 cups/500 mL powdered sugar
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla™
Cupcakes: In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. In large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs. Blend in pumpkin. Stir in dry ingredients and milk, blending until batter is smooth. Stir in chopped walnuts. Spoon batter into paper lined muffin tins. Fill about 2/3 full. Bake at 375°F/190C for 18 to 22 minutes.
Frosting: In 2 quart/2 liter saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and half-and-half. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Let cool to spreading consistency (5 to 10 minutes). Frost cupcakes.
Makes 16 cupcakes.