Peppermint Cheesecake Bites
- 5 tbsp/75 mL unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups/375 mL graham crackers
- 16 ounces/450 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup/125 mL granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp/15 mL cornstarch
- Pinch of Watkins Organic Mediterranean Sea Salt, ground
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla®
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Organic Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1 cup/250 mL white chocolate chips
- Watkins Natural Food Coloring –Red from Assorted Pack
- 8 ounces/227 g chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp/15 mL butter
- Optional: 2 tbsp/30 mL crushed peppermint candy
In a food processor, combine graham crackers and melted butter. Pulse until combined and the texture of wet sand. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and set aside.
In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, sugar, cornstarch, Watkins Sea Salt, Watkins All Natural Gourmet Baking Vanilla®, and Watkins Pure Peppermint Extract and beat until smooth. Fold in white chocolate chips. Pour mixture on top of prepared crust.
To add red swirl to cheese cake. Place 8-10 drops of red Watkins Natural Food Coloring evenly across top of cheesecake mixture. Using a toothpick, swirl food coloring drops into cheesecake mixture until you achieve the desired look.
Preheat oven to 350. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Center of bars should barely jiggle when shaken. Let cool to room temperature for half an hour. Cover pan and place in freezer for at least an hour to completely set and chill. Remove from pan from freezer. Use a knife to cut into 1x1-inch/2.5x2.5-cm bite sized squares.
Makes approximately 36 1x1-inch/2.5x2.5-cm bars
Pour a few inches of water into pot. Fit a heat-proof bowl over the pot, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Heat the water to a simmer. Turn off the heat and add 4 oz/113 g chocolate chips and butter to the bowl. Stir gently to melt. Add the remaining 4 oz/113 g chocolate chips, a little at a time and stir gently to melt. Dip the top of each cheesecake bite into the melted chocolate topping and place on serving dish.
Optional: Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy on top of chocolate topping before the chocolate cools.
Total Time: 2 Hours
Prep Time: 1 1/2 hours
Bake Time: 30 minutes