Miniature Walnut Tarts
- 1/2 cup/125 mL butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (3 oz/85 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp/15 mL sugar
- 1-1/3 cups/330 mL all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 mL Watkins Organic Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch saltWatkins Cooking Spray
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup/125 mL sugar
- 1/2 cup/125 mL dark corn syrup
- 1 tbsp/15 mL butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL vanilla nut extract
- 1 cup/250 mL finely chopped walnuts
Pastry: Spray miniature muffin cups with Watkins Cooking Spray. Combine butter, cream cheese, and sugar in large bowl; stir until well blended. Add flour and salt; stir until thoroughly combined. Roll dough into 24 1-inch/25-mm balls. Press evenly into bottom and up sides of muffin cups. Dough on sides should extend a little above muffin cups to prevent filling from running over during baking. Refrigerate until needed.
Filling: Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl. Stir in sugar, corn syrup, butter and extracts; mix well. Stir in walnuts. Spoon about 1 tbsp/15 ml mixture into each pastry-lined cup. Bake at 350°F/180ºC. for 15 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove; cool completely on wire rack. If desired, can be sprinkled with powdered sugar. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes 2 dozen, 1 per serving.