- 3 cups/750 mL all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp/10 mL baking powder
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Mediterranean Sea Salt Grinder
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup/250 mL sugar
- 1/2 cup/125 mL butter, melted
- 2 tsp/10 mL Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla® Extract
- 1-1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Organic Almond Extract
- 1/3 cup/60 mL finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/3 cup/60 mL finely chopped pistachios 1/3 cup/60 mL finely chopped dried cranberries
Combine first three ingredients, set aside. Beat together the eggs, sugar, and melted butter; add extracts. Add flour mixture, one third at a time; mixing thoroughly after each addition. Fold in almonds. Spread 1/2 of dough onto cookie sheet to form a loaf 12 inches/30 cm long, 3 inches/8 cm wide, and 1-1/2 inches/4 cm high. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake at 350ºF/180ºC for 20 minutes or just until starting to brown around edges; cool 10 minutes. Remove loaves from cookie sheet and place on cutting board. Cut across loaf into slices 1/2 inch/15 mm thick. Lay cookies cut side down on cookie sheet and return to oven for 12 minutes. Turn cookies over and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until dry and crisp.