Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup/250 mL unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2/3 cup/160 mL light brown sugar
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla®
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cups/560 mL all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL salt
- 1 cup/250 mL premium white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup/125 mL sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Pure Lime Extract
Beat butter until creamed. Add brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Stir in vanilla and egg yolk until well-combined. Add flour and salt gradually. Chill dough for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll cookie dough into approximately 1-inch/2.5-cm balls and use thumb to indent center. Space cookies at least 1-inch/2.5-cm apart. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes and cool completely on pan.
Lime Filling: in small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine white chocolate chips and condensed milk. Stir frequently until chocolate is melted and ingredients are well-combined. Mix in lime extract. Spoon filling into thumbprints of cookies; decorate with Watkins Sprinkles and Sugars. Allow to cool completely before serving.