- 3 cups/750 mL all-purpose flour
- 2 cups/500 mL sugar
- 1 tsp/5 mL baking soda
- 1 tsp/5 mL salt
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Pure Ground Cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup/250 mL vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Butter Extract
- 1 can (8 oz/227 g) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup/250 mL chopped pecans
- 2 cups/500 mL chopped bananas
- Frosting (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup/125 mL chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 oz/227 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup/125 mL butter or margarine, softened
- 3-1/2 cups/875 mL powdered sugar
- 1 tsp/5 mL vanilla nut extract
Cake: Combine flour and next four ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Stir in eggs, oil and extracts; stir until dry ingredients are moistened—do not beat. Fold in crushed pineapple, pecans, and bananas. Spoon batter into three greased and floured 9-inch/23-cm round cake pans. Bake at 350°F/180°C for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 20 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely. Spread frosting between layers, on top, and sides of cake. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving; the flavors will blend and intensify upon standing.
Frosting: Combine cream cheese and butter, beating until smooth. Add powdered sugar and extract; beat until light and fluffy.
Makes 12 servings.