- 2-1/2 pounds/1.1 kg lean, boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch/2.5-cm cubes
- 1 tsp/5 mL garlic liquid sauce
- 1 cup/250 mL coarsely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp/30 mL Watkins Organic Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp/15 mL Watkins Organic Cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Organic Oregano
- 1/4 tsp/5 ml, or to taste Watkins Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 7 cups/1.75 liters water
- 1/3 cup/80 mL Watkins Beef Soup & Gravy Base
- 1 cup/250 mL dried pinto beans or small red beans
- 3 cups/750 mL thinly sliced carrots
- 1 can (7 oz/198 g) baby corn, drained and cut into bite-sized chunks
In a large Dutch oven or kettle, brown pork in garlic liquid spice. Add onion and continue to cook until onion is limp. Add next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Add carrots and simmer an additional 30 minutes; stir in corn. Serve hot.
Makes 8 servings.