Flavored Iced Tea
- 2 cups/500 mL water
- 2 cups/500 mL granulated sugar
Flavored Ice Tea
- 12 Tea Bags of Choice (we recommend black tea)
- 1 gallon/3.8 liters water
- 1 1/2 cups/375 mL simple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Pure Extract (see variations below)
Extract Flavor Variations:
- Cinnamon Orange Iced Tea: add 3/4 tsp/3.75 mL Watkins Pure Cinnamon and 3/4 tsp/3.75 mL Watkins Pure Orange. Garnish with fresh orange slices.
- Lemon Iced Tea: add 1 1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Pure Lemon. Garnish with fresh lemon slices.
- Mint Iced Tea: add 1 1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Pure Mint. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Peppermint Iced Tea: add 1 1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Pure Peppermint. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Vanilla Almond Iced Tea: add 3/4 tsp/3.75 mL Watkins Pure Vanilla and 3/4 tsp/3.75 mL Watkins Pure Almond.
- Vanilla Orange Iced Tea: add 3/4 tsp/3.75 mL Watkins Pure Vanilla and 3/4 tsp/3.75 mL Watkins Pure Orange. Garnish with fresh orange slices.
In small saucepan, stir together water and sugar. Simmer over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Transfer to jar or container with airtight lid and refrigerate until completely cool. Keeps in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Flavored Ice Tea
Place twelve tea bags in a 1 gallon/3.8 liter pitcher or jar. In a large pot, boil about 4 cups/950 mL of water and pour over tea bags in pitcher/jar. Allow to steep for 20 minutes. Remove tea bags from pitcher/jar and squeeze the bags into the pitcher before discarding. Add Watkins Extract and simple syrup to tea and stir with long spoon. Let set for at least 10 minutes. Fill pitcher to top with cold water and ice. Serve and enjoy!