Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 12 oz./340 g semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
- 3/4 cup/180 mL all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL baking powder
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 mL salt
- 1/4 cup/60 mL unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup/120 mL granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp/10 mL Watkins Imitation Hazelnut Extract
- Watkins Mediterranean Sea Salt (ground) for sprinkling (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate as directed on package. Set aside. Coarsely chop remaining 4 ounces of chocolate. Set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and hazelnut extract; mix well. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low until well mixed. Stir in chopped chocolate. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Bake about ten minutes or until cookies are set and cracked on top.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.