Cuban-Style Pocket Sandwiches
- 3 tbsp/45 mL coarse-grained mustard
- 1/4 tsp/1 mL Watkins Organic Ground Cumin
- 2 cans Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 8 oz/227 g ground pork
- 6 slices (3/4 oz/21 g each) cooked ham from deli
- 6 slices (3/4 oz/ 21 g each) Swiss cheese
- 18 dill pickle chips
Heat oven to 400° F/200° C. Spray large cookie sheet with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
In a small bowl, mix mustard and cumin. Unroll dough sheets on work surface. Cut each sheet into thirds. Press each third into 7 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch/19-cm rectangle. Spread mustard mixture evenly over each rectangle to within 1/2 inch/1.25-cm of edges.
Shape pork into 6 (3-inch/7.5-cm) squares; place over mustard on each rectangle. Top each pork patty with 1 slice of ham, 1 slice of cheese and 3 pickle chips. Fold dough over filling; press edges firmly with fork to seal. Prick top of each pocket 3 times with fork. Place pockets 2-inches/5-cm apart on cookie sheet.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and meat thermometer inserted in center of pockets reads 160° F/71° C.
Makes 6 sandwiches.