Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcakes
- 2 2/3 cups/640 mL all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp/5 mL baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups/350 mL baking cocoa
- 1 tbsp/15 mL Watkins Pure Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Organic Mediterranean Sea Salt, ground
- 1 tsp/5 mL baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups/820 mL sugar
- 1 1/4 cups/300 mL freshly brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups/300 mL buttermilk
- 3/4 cup/180 mL cooking oil
- 1 tbsp/15 mL Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla®
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups/300 mL mini chocolate chips, lightly dusted with flour*
In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking cocoa, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Combine sugar, coffee, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, eggs, and egg yolks in another large bowl. Beat until the egg mixture is blended. Add dry ingredients and beat on medium speed until well blended, about 4 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
Heat oven to 325°F/165°C. Spoon batter into cupcake papers, filling about 2/3 full. Bake until the center of the cupcake is firm to the touch; about 26-28 minutes. Makes 3-4 dozen cupcakes or about 90 mini cupcakes (bake 20-22 minutes). If desired, frost with a simple vanilla butter cream frosting with chocolate swirl topping. Decorate with Watkins Decorating Sprinkles or Sugars.
*Dusting chocolate chips lightly with flour, helps the chocolate chips from going to the bottom of the bowl.