Baked Glazed Doughnuts
- 1 cup/250 mL all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp/4 mL baking powder
- 1/4 tsp/1.25 mL baking soda
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup/80 mL granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp/30 mL unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup/125 mL buttermilk
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla®
- 1 cup/250 mL powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 tbsp/45-60 mL whole milk
- Watkins Food Coloring (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Lightly grease doughnut baking pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, egg, buttermilk, and Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla®. Add wet ingredients to medium bowl with dry ingredients. Stir together until well combined. Transfer batter to a pastry bag or plastic sandwich bag. If using a sandwich bag, cut small corner of bag with scissors before adding batter to bag. Add batter to lightly greased doughnut baking pan. Make sure each mold is ¾ full with batter. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and let cool in pan before removing doughnuts.
In a medium bowl, mix together powdered sugar and Watkins Pure Vanilla Extract. Slowly add milk until desired consistency. Spoon glaze over each baked doughnut. Optional – Divide glaze into smaller bowls and color with Watkins Food Coloring. Decorate with Watkins Sprinkles & Sugars.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, if not eaten same day.
Makes approximately 6 doughnuts.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Doughnut baking pan recommended for this recipe.