Almond Star Cookies
- 2 cups/500 mL all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL baking powder
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 mL salt
- 1 cup/250 mL unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup/180 mL granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp/10 mL Watkins Pure Almond Extract
- Sliced almonds, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a mixer, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and almond extract, mixing until combined. Add flour mixture 1/2 cup/125 mL at a time until combined.
Roll dough into circles. Place on prepared baking sheet. Press three to five almond slices into dough circle. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on rack.
Makes 24 cookies.