Almond Butter Cookies
- 2 cups/500 mL flour
- 1 tsp/5 mL baking powder
- 1/8 tsp/0.5 mL Watkins Mediterranean Sea Salt Grinder, freshly ground
- 1 cup/250 mL butter
- 1 cup/250 mL sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mLWatkins Organic Pure Lemon Extract
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 tsp/4 mL Watkins Pure Almond Extract
- 4 oz/113 g blanched almonds, toasted
Sift flour; measure and sift again with baking powder and salt. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well. Blend in extracts. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring well. Form dough into 1-inch/2.5-cm balls. Put on ungreased baking sheet and press a toasted almond in center of each cookie. Bake at 300°F/150°C for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.